Please consider submitting your vintage Gibson bowtie banjo to the database. Conversions of style 100 banjos should not be submitted. However, if you have a 150 or 250 conversion to 5-string, your banjo is definitely welcome.
When sending your banjo-including lots of great photos!-please include the following:
- Factory Order Number (FON) or serial number. In general for 40’s/50’s banjos, you will find this on the rim; for 60’s banjos, you’ll find on the back of the headstock. Again this is a generalization, but is often true.
- Any interesting history you know of the banjo.
- Any modifications, custom options from Gibson, etc. Any unique things about your banjo.
- Info on tone ring.
- Anything else you’d like to share.
- Your name, if you’d like that included in the information.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with all your stuff.
Please feel free to reach out at that email address if you have questions or concerns.